 General / 27578
27577  |  27579
Subject:
New Robotics coming ??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 23:01:47 GMT

Yesterday I received from a toystore a video with some advertisement
material on to be presented on a monitor in the store. Lucky for me the
store didn't have a monitor or video.
I was happely surprised to see that new robotics were demonstrated.
To me it looked a lot like the Crickets mentioned on:
http://fredm.www.media.mit.edu/people/fredm/projects/cricket/

On the video you could see different mobile robots that were able to react
to each other, and for example one robot can be programmed to follow your
hand, so it must have some kind of optical detection device. Not attached to
the computer they could roam freely. And programs/information could be
downloaded to the robot via a USB cable.
Unfortunately the vision command is nopt yet available, so I don't have a
camera to show you some captures of the video.

This was the first time I heard about these kind of robots. Did somebody
else has information about them ??????? Hope to hear more of this.
The video was in English for a store in The Netherlands. This surprised me.

Pricing was mentioned in dollars, If I remember well around 60 dollars for 1
and around 100 dollars for a set of 2 robots. (Different kind of robots
could be seen in the video)

Greetings,

Pieter