 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14736
Re: Mating Game - moc up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 20 Sep 2005 21:35:22 GMT

Derek Raycraft wrote:

Rob Antonishen wrote:

I get the mental image of a group of dogs all trying to sniff each other.

It would be nice for my bot to know "hey - there is someone trying to
deposit to me...do I want to help, or not..."

Step back and try and sudo code something like that between two robots
you control.  Then consider there will we 8 or more other robots coded
by different people running at the same time.  Then consider the limited
sensory input you have.  Then realize how incredibly pointless creating
a communication protocol will be.

This game is all about dumb luck.  Most of the time your bots not going
to know if it's humping another bot or the wall.  How am I going to say
I want to mate with you.  How am I going to identify who you are so I
can say I want to mate with you and not some other bot across the time.
How am I going to say where I am relative to you.  Forget it.

This is best done as a feel around game, and hope for the best.

YES!!!

now we are getting somewhere.

this is a bit of DUMB luck, AND smart building.

10 random bots, moving at VARIOUS speeds, will be a hoot to watch.

since when are these games about "winning"

i mean if you want a PRIZE for winning, then find some other lug.

this is about problem solving.  how to find and dock with a random
moving bot.

come on guys.

NASA cant do the stuff we mess with in the time frame we do, and with
the hardware/software.

come on!!!!

this will be FUN

MOBILE,

and good, clean-fun.  well maybe not the last part

I think the one thing we could do, as a means of identifying the hole is
place a Lego light near it.  Probably centered above.  From that you
might be able to get a clue where the other bots hole is.

we CAN use a light, BUT i think my idea of a perimeter around the hole
has merit as well

Of course the lights in the Library play havoc with the light sensors.
But we could turn down the light, you know, to set the mood.  :-)

NOW were talking.

im telling ya, some mood music, the soft mercury vapor light, and the
random beeps of robots in love.

It also has the problem that I don't expect everyone has a lego light.

Derek

BAH....

Chris