 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14706
Re: Mating Game - moc up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 19 Sep 2005 21:15:41 GMT

Vitali Furman wrote:

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote:

hmm.  not exactly true.

If I were to bother to enter, my first entry would be a box.  That's it.  A 12 inch
x 12 inch x 10 brick high box.  Maybe it would have a sign that says "Put blocks
here"

My second entry would be an automatic pet feeder type of dispenser.  When something
bumps into it, it pops out one block.  I'm sure it can be done without even using a
motor.

With the turn out of rtl 19's entries, I think that there sould be some sort of
rule this time, that says that your entry much be a robot. Meaning that it
should have an RCX that it uses, and some motor/sensors that it uses. As this is
a robotics event.

Vitali

At one time we did have an unofficial rule were you DID have to use an
RCX.  that has pretty much changed with Rob's "monkey bot"

we have seen that cool solutions can be had without using the rcx.

the best way to "force" an RCX event is to have a game that NEEDS the
RCX. meaning define the game so that its easier to use an RCX then to
build a ring or gravity type robot.

if you REALLY want to see RCXen, then you need to suggest ways to make
this existing game NEED an rcx. (1)

Chris

1. WITHOUT needlessly saying that the bot MUST have an IR beacon, OR
other false standard, just for the sake of using the rcx.