 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14717
Re: Mating Game - moc up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 20 Sep 2005 15:36:32 GMT

Derek Raycraft wrote:

Chris Magno wrote:

but i had a closed design in mind.

as steve has said, this open top hopper makes it too easy to plant a
box and walk away.

so your standard repitcle. should be a X by X hole in a wall, vs an
open  top box.

i think a hole in the wall recpticle makes for a MUCH tougher game;
and disallows the box soloution.

Interesting, I guess this is what you were trying to get at at dinner
about a standardized interface.

Your right this makes it much more challenging, and interesting.
Although it nullifies one of my ideas.  Which is fine, just less explosive.

So how do we score to ensure we scored through the orifice and not by a
block falling through the bot into the bin.  Close observation, or do we
find or define, a small cardboard box the people must use as the
receptacle.  This way its clearly closed on all but one side.

The reason I suggest making it out of cardboard is not everyone has
enough lego to enclose a box properly.

i think "enclose" is too "suggestive" of SOLID.  i was thinking more
along the lines, prevent accidental entry.

so as long as you cant get a block into your bot's "hopper" (whatever
that is as defined by each builder) then you DONT have to encase your robot.

heck, all we have to do is say that ONLY block, IN your "hopper" will be
counted.  and that your HOPPER has to be enclosed. you can have it as
BIG or as SMALL as you have bricks.

so if your bot has 2 in the hopper, and 1 ON its "face" cause steves bot
shot a little to high, then you only get points for the one in the hopper.

We could say you have to position the opening of this box at a certain
height, the rest is up to you.

Derek

Im going to see if i can do my OWN MOC up of a HITW input.

Chris