 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14719
Re: Mating Game - moc up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 20 Sep 2005 15:44:03 GMT

David Koudys wrote:

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote:

<snip>

Maybe Jennifer & Janey could enter it (official "J"Lug entry?).  I'm sure it will
outscore Chris.

It's great that rtlToronto gets a wide variety of people building for their
competitions, from kids to women to PHD's...

Here's my take on the orifice issue--it would be next to impossible for robots
to mate unless there's communication between the two, or random chance that they
just happened to bump into one another with the receptacle and block meeting.

I'd like to take 'random chance' as the sole method for winning out of the
equation.

If SteveH wants to enter a box that's 10 bricks high, with no motors or sensors
or such, that's a valid strategy--just like the tower 'bots and gravity 'bots.

I'd think, however--looking at the history of 'stationary 'bots' on the 8x8
playfield--the 'factory' for block sorting, and the--what was it--where the
walls fell down for marble sorting...  All were 'valid strategies', but I
believe they lead to the oft-used phrase, 'Hey mister...'

:)

Hopper has to be 10 blocks high and fit within the otehr dimensions for the
'bot.  What you do from there--a la block delivery and finding other 'bots is
entirely up to you.

I may have something worked out for the Hobby Show as a demo--I could bring the
4x4 arena and we could do some competitions...

Ideas ideas...

Dave K

my idea is that a BOX is a VERY good strategy, ESPECIALLY if I were to
have KATE and Abby, and ROB each enter one.

A Magno would be sure to score then.

a play field of box's is not a game i want to play.

if i were to do BoP again, i would not allow the tower bots.  and add a
size rule.

the same with this game.  i dont want to see 10 box's sitting there.  so
help me out.  what can we do to prevent that?

I will agree that a HITW input will be a VERY hard game.  thats why i
sugested it.

Chris