 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14693
Re: Mating Game - moc up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 19 Sep 2005 03:44:17 GMT

I like the idea of saying the hopper is no more then 10 blocks above
the play surface.  Now it's my problem to figure out how to tell I'm
over someone else's hopper and release a block.  It's also my problem
to build a hopper the other robots will recognize and release a block
into.

But aren't we also going with some sort of standardized hopper? Have the
building instructions posted (how LEGO!) and you have to build it and put it on
your robot, placed no higher than 10 blocks. If it's made a standardized size,
shape and colour, then touch and/or light sensors could be used to detect it.
-Greg