 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14715
Re: Mating Game - moc up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 20 Sep 2005 15:26:34 GMT

Steve Hassenplug wrote:
On Tue, September 20, 2005 9:14 am, Derek Raycraft wrote:

so your standard repitcle. should be a X by X hole in a wall, vs an open
top box.

Interesting, I guess this is what you were trying to get at at dinner
about a standardized interface.

We could say you have to position the opening of this box at a certain
height, the rest is up to you.

So, you want to defined the exact input area, which, pretty much defines the output.

no.   if your input is a hole 10 studs, By 10 bricks (just for arguments
sake) and needs to be 5 bricks off the ground...then your input device
can be ANY size smaller than that.  you ONLY have to deliver a 2x4

maybe i wast clear on the input design.   i was not thinking a SMALL
hole,  IMHO running autonomous bots to find a tiny hole be VERY
difficult.   but if the hole is large enuff, you still allow for a
variety of input designs.

again, IMHO, the challenge of this game is to spread your bricks, NOT
the  coolness of your dispenser.

a large hole input would allow people (if they wished) to build a "gun"
that shoots the brick at just the right height.  but you risk no getting
  one in, IF you dont fully "mate" with a bot.

Can you also tell us where the wheels & motors go?

yes, BUT only for YOUR robot Steve.

you know darn well we dont do this. defining an input is VASTLY
different than defining where to put motors.

Here's my suggestion: leave the top of the input open.  If someone wants to enter a
box into a robot competition, go for it.  Then, the goal is to build a fully
autonomous robot that out preforms a box.

Steve

The goal is to build a robot to collect, and spread "seeds."
  NOT to out preform a box.  or even a BOX with a rotating output device.

even with a Hole In The Wall (HITW) input you STILL can enter a 4 sided
input "box" that just sits there(1)

Chris

1.  UNLESS for the sake of FUN, we mock up a rule that says "much like a
cop on the beat, shuffling off prostitutes, YOUR robot must be mobile."
   but that sounds too much like forcing a design