 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14733
Re: Mating Game - moc up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 20 Sep 2005 21:25:45 GMT

David Koudys wrote:

I have ideas, but when you have two 'bots not facing one another, it's next to
impossible for them to face each other unless there's communication between the
'bots--I mean, I can get my 'bot facing the other 'bot relatively easy, but if
there's no sensor telling me that I'm facing the proper side of the other 'bot,
then what?  There has to be something added to the specs for the 'bots to know
that they're properly aligned...

And if I have a multi-sided input 'bot, i.e. many orifices, then what's to say
that I leave my 'bot completely open around the perimeter and say my inputs are
360 degrees...

i was thinking more that the HITW input is defined as BOTH the hole size
and location, AND how many bricks are to surround it.

meaning your HITW is ~ALSO~ 4 bricks and studs of solid brick around the
hole.

NOW,  to find a mates hole

you need 2 TOUCH sensors. (or not if your good)

place 2 pokey touch sensors. like i did with my Project X, and STEVE
copied with his winning C$ robot, and if one sensor is pressed, and the
other in NOT... then slip a little lovin EOAT in the direction of the HITW

Still though for two 'bots to face each other to exchange DNA 'blindly'--i.e.
without some sort of mechanism to tell the 'bots that they are ready to
couple--it's like c$--without the sensor to signal the end of your turn, how
would the other 'bot know that you're done (besides scanning the board at
frequent intervals, which would interfere with the other 'bot if it was still
making a move)

thats up to you...

if you want to go forth to spread your seed, then you risk walking away
from a partner in mid....

umm

placement

make your bot EASY, and you will score.

Oh my 'bot will be cheap AND easy...

i knew i could count on you.

I'm saying that for moving 'bots to find each other is one thing. Having 'bots
matching a specific 'face' on the other 'bot to exchange the blocks is very
difficult (though I have ideas...)

This will drastically limit, however, the number of entrants, imho

shrug.

and?

we had 3 (i think) people enter rice pickers.

And then picture 8 other 'bots in the playfield doing the same thing.

There'll be many 'dancing' 'bots with very little 'gettin' it on' going on....

Dave K

which i would rather see then 10 shoe box's on the floor.

Chris

Again, there were two gravity 'bots, and Rob showed up with the monkey bar thing
once, and JeffE showed up with a sticker once.

IK don't think we'll all show up with non-moving boxes

Here's an addition to the rules--

All robots have to start against an edge of the playfield (since we have more
than 2 'bots, anywhere around hte preimeter will do)

Since this is 'the Mating Game' and we're playing for the most 'slutty'--that
implies that there should be no 'encumberances' at hte end of the game--i.e., my
'bot shouldnt be connected with any other 'bot at the end of 5 minutes...

So the rule is your 'bot cannot be touching the walls or another 'bot at the end
of 5 minutes.  THereforeyour 'bot has to at least move away from the wall at the
beginning of the match.

THis also means that your 'bot can't get 'hung up' on another 'bot 'cause, well,
that's just not sluttyenough for us--that's more like monogomy, and we ain't
playin' that this time.  We want players!

Dave K

i was thinking that we could try some kind of "motion" rule.  but all
you have to do is put a small motor on your shoe box to move it forward
a bit, wait 1 min, move it....

naw...

lets think about this one.

Chris