 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14707
Re: Mating Game - moc up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 19 Sep 2005 21:22:37 GMT

John Guerquin wrote:

I'm with you Derek - the object of the contests is to come up with the best and
most creative solution.  And the ring "bots" were definitely creative.
My take on this is that the ring bots were a little too close to Jeff E's fish
sticker sumo bot.  And it was BOTH good and bad to see such a simple creation
beat Dave's massive bot.
For a repeat of this contest, maybe we should stipulate that the bots need some
type of propulsion, whether RCX, motor, wind-up motor, capacitor, etc.

how about gravity???

see, you cant just say your bot ~NEEDS~ something just to make it a bot.

you need to add a challenge that will make it easier to USE the RCX then
not.

For the BoP game, if you didnt want to see the tower robots, make a SIZE
rule.  stating that the bot must fit in a 12" cube.

if you dont want the gravity bot, then make the game more challenging
where the PIVOT POINT is off limits, OR have a weight category.

so that all the gravity bots can play each other. ect.

Any time the rule book gets longer, and more restrictive, it supresses
creativity.  Because of the lack of restrictions, and the nature of the game, I
think rtl19 had one of the greatest variety of robots.

I agree.

Eventhough Dave's bot was probably the best robot, and the one most people
thought would win - the contest proved that the "best" doesn't always win.

John

well, this is wrong. Daves robot was nice. BUT clearly not the best.
the best robot was mine.

Chris