 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14692
Re: Mating Game - moc up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 19 Sep 2005 01:49:41 GMT

To a large extent I believe this is your problem to figure out.

I like the idea of saying the hopper is no more then 10 blocks above
the play surface.  Now it's my problem to figure out how to tell I'm
over someone else's hopper and release a block.  It's also my problem
to build a hopper the other robots will recognize and release a block
into.

I would suggest for this event that we build robots that we can
modify significantly from round to round.  A process of tweaking your
robot throughout the day to make it perform better and better.

Observe our robot play around, then try and modify it so it's more
receptive to other peoples bots and finds other peoples bins better.

Derek

Well as I said before in a previous post, maybe we should put a light or a light
sensor pointing outward for which other robots will try to look, this way robots
will know where another's hopper is.

Without it, it might be hard to find the hopper that way, you might be able to
find the robot, with a touch sensor mechanism or something, but you wouldn’t
know if you are on the side of the robot where the hopper is.

Or do you guys not want to do that, as it might make it too easy that way?

Vitali