 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14720
Re: Mating Game - moc up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 20 Sep 2005 15:51:13 GMT

Derek Raycraft wrote:

Steve Hassenplug wrote:

So, you want to defined the exact input area, which, pretty much
defines the output.

Can you also tell us where the wheels & motors go?

Oh, I can tell you where you can put them. :-)

Here's my suggestion: leave the top of the input open.  If someone
wants to enter a
box into a robot competition, go for it.  Then, the goal is to build a
fully
autonomous robot that out preforms a box.

So everyone enters a 1 foot square open topped box.  Does any block that
gets jammed into your robot count?  The "bin" we keep talking about,
what is it, and how do you define that a block is inside it.  If my bot
stops over a loose brick on the ground, does that count?

By saying you have to get the block through a certain opening, and as
Chris says, it doesn't have to be small, this actually becomes a challenge.

By giving a standard container you don't have to worry about referring
the game to ensure all the blocks entered through the opening.

I like Chris' idea

i dont read this enuff.

it makes this more challenging, and I think opens it
up to more designs.

On another note, to prevent the robot that's only receptive to other
blocks but makes no effort to distribute it's own there is a simple
scoring rule we could implement.  David W. suggested it at dinner.
Multiply the number of blocks you received by the number of blocks you
distributed.  This way you must at least distribute one block, and
receive one block to score.

Derek

actually, you can still enter a "box" with a distribution EOAT.  someone
suggested a 4 sided box with 4 bumpers. and a EOAT that turns to the
pumper hit.

i like the multiply idea. it needs some refining.

Chris