 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14723
Re: Mating Game - moc up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 20 Sep 2005 16:29:17 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, rob.antonishen@gmail.com wrote:

On 9/20/05, Chris Magno wrote:

if i were to do BoP again, i would not allow the tower bots.  and add a
size rule.

SO just say "at no time must an entry intentionally contact the ground."

-Rob A>

I was swayed by Calums arguement at dinner--

if the rules for BoP were changed to--

your 'bot must fit within the end of the beam and the 1 foot mark, as well as be
under 2 feet 'tall' at hte start of the match.

This would not preclude the 'bot from extending a telescopic tower down to the
ground after the start of the match.

This would have the additional challenge of a 'bot that's capable of extending a
telescopic tower down to the ground in under a 2 foot by 1 foot 'bot, as well as
havning that 'bot compete against a gravity 'bot--we al saw what hapened to my
'bot at the begninning of most competitions--the beam went vertical and my 'bot
sometimes smashed into the support beam--any telescopinc 'bot would have to
build for that...

:)

Dave K