 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14711
Re: Mating Game - moc up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 20 Sep 2005 14:14:46 GMT

Chris Magno wrote:
but i had a closed design in mind.

as steve has said, this open top hopper makes it too easy to plant a box
and walk away.

so your standard repitcle. should be a X by X hole in a wall, vs an open
top box.

i think a hole in the wall recpticle makes for a MUCH tougher game; and
disallows the box soloution.

Interesting, I guess this is what you were trying to get at at dinner
about a standardized interface.

Your right this makes it much more challenging, and interesting.
Although it nullifies one of my ideas.  Which is fine, just less explosive.

So how do we score to ensure we scored through the orifice and not by a
block falling through the bot into the bin.  Close observation, or do we
find or define, a small cardboard box the people must use as the
receptacle.  This way its clearly closed on all but one side.

The reason I suggest making it out of cardboard is not everyone has
enough lego to enclose a box properly.

We could say you have to position the opening of this box at a certain
height, the rest is up to you.

Derek