 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14726
Re: Mating Game - moc up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 20 Sep 2005 17:36:08 GMT

David Koudys wrote:

Well, if we go in the direction of an orifice--therefore your 'bot can only mate
with another 'bot from one direction (I can't see how else it cam be done), then
that's pretty much outside the scale of my buildability...

you can STILL build a multi sided input bot.

or just 2 whiskers...or some creative thinking, and you SHOULD be able
to find the hole.

Unless there's a way for my'bot to determine that it's facing the front of your
'bot, whether via signals or touch sensors in a precice spot to let both 'bots
know they're 'coupled' properly...

see, thats were the game allows for you do make it as EASY as possible
to find a mate.  make your HITW hard to find, or make your bot with too
many edges and your not getting anywhere.

make your bot EASY, and you will score.

As well, trying to get the 'bots to match up--for example--'bots run into one
another--'Hey, there's another 'bot touching me but it hit my back corner--I
have to spin around and get my face towards it to deliver my block.

Well then, what if the other 'bot is facing the other way.  Not only do I then
have to get my 'bot facing the other 'bot, but then I have to get my 'bot to
start going around the other 'bot, trying to to match the coupling mechanisms.
and if the other 'bot is doing the same thing, and we're both spinning in the
same direction, then our 'faces' will never meet.

so dave, are you saying this is HARDER then C$ or Project X ???

And then picture 8 other 'bots in the playfield doing the same thing.

There'll be many 'dancing' 'bots with very little 'gettin' it on' going on....

Dave K

which i would rather see then 10 shoe box's on the floor.

Chris