 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14695
Re: Mating Game - moc up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 19 Sep 2005 14:56:43 GMT

On Mon, September 19, 2005 8:02 am, David Koudys wrote:
Anyway, discussion is wonderful.  Even Steve H is envious of this particular
competition!

hmm.  not exactly true.

If I were to bother to enter, my first entry would be a box.  That's it.  A 12 inch
x 12 inch x 10 brick high box.  Maybe it would have a sign that says "Put blocks
here"

My second entry would be an automatic pet feeder type of dispenser.  When something
bumps into it, it pops out one block.  I'm sure it can be done without even using a
motor.

Beter yet, I'll take one side off my 12x12 box, and replace it with a dispenser.
Then it can do four things:
1) Receive Blocks
2) Deliver Blocks
3) Beat Chris
4) Beat David

Is that a "Loophole"?  If so, you'll need to add a stupid rule that says robot needs
a motor that does something.

Actually entering this event doesn't interest me because the winner will be
determined by dumb luck.

The discussion leading up to rtl 19 was not very interesting, but the event sounded
like it was a lot of fun.  I suspect this will be the opposite.  But that's OK,
because there will be five months between now and the event to talk about it, but
the event is only one day.

Steve