 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / *13259 (-100)
  Re: Laser Level

(...) (URL) it needs is a ViperSE! ;) Iain (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Laser Level

(...) Bought one! You should of built one! (URL) all isn't the point to spend $230 on Lego to do what can be accomplished by something you can buy for $23? -Rob A> (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] February Dinner

(...) AHHH...HHH!!!!! Iain (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] February Dinner

(...) YOu need a cool nickname but 'The Yellow Dart' is taken--how 'bout 'Dapper Dude'? Dave K (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: It's the oddest thing...

(...) Thanks for the info and the help, Jamie It's been pretty smooth the last 2 days, so i'll let it go for now. Worst case, I haul out the old deskpro and turn it on again. Or just install Pro on the box I have now. Eitehr way, Sparky's Space will (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Laser Level

(...) Frank called me on the weekend--he's pretty much keen on us being there but I mentioned that we had to sign off on it first. So as long as the consensus is good, I'll give him a shout this week. Or do we want to talka bout it at dinner? Dave K (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: It's the oddest thing...

(...) I'll have to look at that--I'm not usually home when Apache goes down--I'm going to stop my scheduled restarts of Apache and see what happens. What I am imoressed with, and it's the only time Microsoft thus far has impressed me, is Netmeeting. (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: It's the oddest thing...

(...) Nope--there are just no requests logged at a certain time, then I restart Apache and all the Apache startup requests are logged. I'm going to let it run for a few more days and see what happens--try to narrow it down Thanks to all for the (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: It's the oddest thing...

(...) Hi Mario! Glad to see you're posting again! When I installed W2K Server, I made sure that IIS wasn't part of the installation. Right now the server appears to be chugging along just fine--haven't had to reset Apache for a few days. Take care, (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] February Dinner

(...) :) Well, you see, Calum, from Toronto Ontario, it's like dis. You put da head on da beak... a little bit o' beak... an den you put da head and beak on da body... and stuff... ...Eating 5 batteries! -Iain (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Laser Level

(...) It's additive. One of the other ideas is that we should build from inside out. But I think we do that today anyways. (...) So what's the plan for trains this year? -April, creepy steamer trunk trainshow in Toronto? What's up with this Dave? (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Laser Level

(...) There is no way the convention center floor is off the 2-4 inches in the twenty foot dimensions of our layout. 1/8 to a 1/4 inch maybe. So I hope this is a big help for that. (...) Most of our modules are pretty good now. The only problem I've (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  (canceled)

  Re: It's the oddest thing...

(...) I don't think Apache would ever be able to get the port period if IIS was in there. It's a possibility. Microsoft got all weird around Windows 2000, trying to make everything done through the web server. (...) Don't get me started on that :) (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Laser Level

(...) Worth a try--one of the problems we keep having is one end of the layout being two to four inches higher than the other end :) A global reference might help. What are the other key problems with the layout being uneven? -Uneven floor -Uneven (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: It's the oddest thing...

I'm running Apache 2.0.52 on Win2K Pro just fine. Here's a guess: you mentioned that you're running 2K SERVER... any chance that the OS runs IIS by default and Apache is fighting for possesion of port 80? Mario It took a non-Lego question to get me (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Laser Level

I picked up a laser level on the weekend. It was on at canadian tire for $23 down from $60. I figured for that price it was worth a try to see if it would help with setting up the train layout. It comes with a tripod so we can set it at a particular (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Spectrum Catalogue Outlet store

(...) No, but we'll probably take a drive over there to check it out. We drove to the Whitby store a few months ago and it had a really impressive selection of sets. The only problem is that it's a little far--otherwise, I'd find myself much more (...) (20 years ago, 8-Feb-05, to lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] February Dinner

(...) Hope this one gets a mention: (URL) (20 years ago, 7-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  [rtlToronto] February Dinner

Swiss Chalet 5487 Dundas Street West Toronto, Ontario Friday February 11th, 2004, 7PM Hey folks, Here's your 4:00AM wakeup call for the monthly rtlToronto dinner, this Friday. Topics include: Uses for 32 long axles, rtlToronto18, How to Assemble (...) (20 years ago, 7-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: It's the oddest thing...

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message news:IBGJ4u.13qG@lugnet.com... (...) Are there any clues in the Apache log? (20 years ago, 6-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Coolest part ever--snowboard

(...) It is a very cool piece. :) I'm gonna put mine in my car, dangling from my rear view mirror! Or just stick him on the dash. I like my snowboard better though, its got a really nice modern infographics style dragon on it, with some random (...) (20 years ago, 6-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Since you guys are all computer techs...

(...) Thanks, Oliver!! I knew it was probably something easy, I just couldn't for the life of me remember how to do it since it's been years since I set it up. :) Iain (20 years ago, 6-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Coolest part ever--snowboard

I got one of those snowboard sets and found this cool piece inside: (URL) love the pattern on this thing...it's just so damned creepy! I have a Ninja with his sword riding this snowboard now. Excellent. Calum (20 years ago, 6-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Since you guys are all computer techs...

G'Day Should be fairly easy: open Outlook Express, select menu item 'Tools' go down to 'Accounts'. In the "Internet Accounts" dialogue box click on the 'Add>' button, then select 'News', enter a display name for yourself, click Next, enter your (...) (20 years ago, 6-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Since you guys are all computer techs...

I did searches using the search button, I browsed around the webpage for half an hour trying to figure this out, but there is no obvious link anywhere to help me out with this. I've always posted with Outlook Express, I had it configured so I could (...) (20 years ago, 6-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: It's the oddest thing...

(...) So the task is still alive as far as NT is concerned, the OS is still running? That doesn't sound like hardware. so I'm thinking either Apache 2.xx doesn't like Win2K server edition, or the new (...) No, I don't honestly think it's the (...) (20 years ago, 5-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: It's the oddest thing...

(...) It's the Apache process--the actual server still chugs along with nary an issue--Apache just stops--yet there's no sign of said stoppage in Event Viewer or Task Manager Further, using Apache Monitor, Apache Monitor says it's still running, and (...) (20 years ago, 4-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: It's the oddest thing...

(...) Does the process bork out or does the entire platform come down (ie, BSOD) Calum (20 years ago, 4-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: It's the oddest thing...

(...) I would love to try my hand at running somethign other than a MS platform, butr my webserver also runs LEGO Mindstorms Vision Command software (so I have my RoboCamBot up and running) as well as a few other things that are windows (...) (20 years ago, 4-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: It's the oddest thing...

David Koudys wrote: <snip whining about wierd Windows/Apache behaviour> (...) Will you run FreeBSD? I'm running an Apache server on a little Celeron 550 with 128 M of Ram and it's rock solid. Here' I've even got instructions for setting it up: (URL) (...) (20 years ago, 4-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: It's the oddest thing...

(...) cmon. I'll come over with my Clarkconnect Home edition CD (URL) and you will be up and running in half an hour :) We can put it on your old Compaq EN 6300 (I'm running great on a 6400)... -Rob A.> (20 years ago, 4-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  It's the oddest thing...

So I've been running a website from my home fornumerous years now- First I used a Compaq DeskPro 2000 P 150 system with Win98 and Personal Web Services running, thinking it wouldn't get alotta traffic. THen I found out that my little website really (...) (20 years ago, 4-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: ECHO!!!

(...) Don't yell too loud or Iain will think you're cheering for the hideous Toyota Echo. Calum (20 years ago, 1-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  ECHO!!!

ECHO!! ECHO! ECHO Echo echo (20 years ago, 1-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Any Electrical Engineers in our midst?

All, Is anyone in the group capable of designing custom circuits for Lego devices? I have been contacted by Darryl Reiter, the president of the Children's technology workshop, (URL) and he is looking for a replacement for the Lego Control Lab (...) (20 years ago, 1-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Two new mountain bikes

Hi folks, Finally got around to photographing 2 more mountain bikes: (URL) 1. (URL) A full suspension bike> not really modelled after any bike in particular, although the front suspension is 'borrowed' from BMW's motorcycles. However, fully (...) (20 years ago, 31-Jan-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: look at my balls

(...) I am fairly certain that BrickFest will happen. The only question I know of relates to a possible change of venue. JB (20 years ago, 29-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: look at my balls

(...) What's the plan for BF this year? Anyone know? The only major event we have on our schedule is NMRA in July and I honestly wouldn't mind knowing when BrickFest was... Calum (20 years ago, 29-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: look at my balls

(...) Three completed: a 48x48 chain lift that has the balls cascade down a tilted baseplate, a 32x32 with a clock lift (noisy as all getout) that's got room to grow some, a 10x48 that allows the stream to be split if desired, as well as turned 90 (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: look at my balls

(...) I think a poll of likely intrepid ball players who plan on bringing one or more GBC modules to BrickFest would be a great idea. It would help to figure out how many modules we might expect to see there. I have a couple of ideas in mind so (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: look at my balls

(...) I've been working on one off and on for weeks now -- which means I've put maybe a total of a couple hours into it. It's not going very well, and here it is almost February already, so I'm no longer confident that I'll have anything ready to (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Latest Train Show Invite

(...) Whether we do this particular show are not, we definitely need to get the layout together at least one more time before NMRA. (...) I'm willing to pass more to you or anyone else that would like to add to my part of the layout. It will be a (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Latest Train Show Invite

(...) I think this is a good way to get the time to integrate the layout before NMRA. Since we can't as well set this up anywhere privately, we might as well use it as an opportunity to work out issues between project members. (...) I'm fine with (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Latest Train Show Invite

(...) It's tight, but I don't think it's too tight for me to complete what I want to get done. (...) > (...) I think I would prefer a two day show, but if we setup early Saturday, we can play with the layout until they kick us out. Then play some (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Latest Train Show Invite

G'Day I am available Saturday and Sunday, lemme know what we decide. Cheers Oliver Play Well! "David Koudys" <dkoudys@redeemer.on.ca> wrote in message news:IB0EAt.1K38@lugnet.com... (...) <snip> (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: look at my balls

(...) I am in the process of making one, and I told my son the only way he can attend the event with me is to participate in either the GBC or a mindstorms event (hopefully both). So you can count on 2 from the JLUG (weather permitting and all those (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Latest Train Show Invite

I received a letter from Frank today inviting us to the Toronto Toy Train and Doll show on April 24, 2005. Here's the thing--we didn't really appreciate this show last time due to the surroundings. This year, right in the brochure, it states that (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for your signs! (no discussions here please)

(...) Calum, I agree that there potentially *could* be some loss of support to the AFOLs from TLC. That's hard to predict, but... presumably as often is said, TLC is business. Presumably, the support/attention the AFOLs get form them is viewed as a (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Hi there

(...) Hey Jacub, Nice to see you here! Sorry, nothing about RC or Boats here... But a friend of mine, who isn't a "fan" of the brick, but is a fire fighter was blown away with the photos of your truck. I always think it's cool when someone who (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Crazy Stalking Whatever

(...) Are you _really_ sure it was the mother you were talking to? ... "Uh-uh, Mother-m-mother, uh, what is the phrase? She isn't quite herself today. " "They're probably watching me. Well, let them. Let them see what kind of a person I am. I'm not (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Crazy Stalking Whatever

Without getting into details... (and in the 'it can only happen to Dave' dept.) I just gott off the phone with Person A Person A has a daughter--Daughter B Daughter B and I had dated back in high school--it was, from my vague recollection, 2-3 dates (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: who does chris think he is?

(...) Exactly. It lacks class. KDJ ___...___ LUGNETer #203 (20 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Who wants to take a trip?

I was talking to Jeff E about doing this, but it's not really within either of our budgets or free time. Wish I could go, but it's not going to happen this year. Derek (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Who wants to take a trip?

(...) As much as I'd love to participate in something like this, it's just too far and too expensive a proposition. :( Calum (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Who wants to take a trip?

(...) It sounds like there are six teams, representing countries from all over the world. Not including Canada. Steve (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Why is .rtltoronto the friendliest place on Lugnet?

I've no doubt it is (1), even if to an outsider understanding most of the jokes is a bit of problem (2). But why? My theory is that it is because it is the only geographical area group that has continued to use Lugnet for its forum. With the net (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.people)

  Re: Laying smack (was Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company

(...) Me? No way.... I am innocent I tell you, innocent! (I exclaim as they make me walk the plank.) Hey, wait Dave, don't be giving all those jolly tars on the hearts of oak a bad name. Janey "On the jack stay, Red Brick" (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Laying smack (was Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company

(...) LOL, Wow, much too kind..... Calum has dreamy eyes... Dave is King of the Flannel, Iain is the cute one, and Janey gets..... "that aint no woman!" Oh how the truth hurts, how ever will I sleep tonight? Rob don't you have a stacker you should (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Laying smack (was Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company

(...) YAY! Peter, I was hoping this would pull you out of the woodwork. Sinful Language On Suspension Secret Lives Open Suspicions (...) Intentional Posting Serves Some Others. Introspective Punishments Survives SUITS Oppression. (...) Something (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Laying smack (was Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company

(...) She aint no womman? She looks like a womman, she has all the right curves for a womman... she talks like a sailor though... Hmmm... (...) I dunno--I've seen Rob's legs... Dave K (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Duplo screwdriver

My guess would be yes, because the wheels on the bulldozer look similar to the MyBot stuff. I've gotten some of the MyBot stuff for friends kids. It was ok, but perhaps a little tricky to work with. Although I only get to see the initial play. I (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Duplo screwdriver

(...) I can verify that the 29xx sets do use the Toolo screwdriver. I didn't get the 3587, so I can't help you there. (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Duplo screwdriver

Is the screwdriver and components from this set: (URL) with these sets? (URL) the Toolo screwdriver, right? Calum (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Laying smack (was Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company

(...) She's more of a woman than YOU'LL ever be... Er wait, maybe that's not quite the smack I thought it was! (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Laying smack (was Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company

(...) That aint no woman, that's just Janey... (smack) -Rob A> (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Laying smack (was Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company

(...) I thought David would be good at laying down the smack. Guess I was wrong. Steve - keeping it simple - (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Laying smack (was Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company

(...) What about... Sticky Lounge...Outrageous Sister ! Sickness Looms, Ominous Symptoms. Saucy Lugnet Outrages Sailors. Suppository Lozenge...Output Soon. (...) another bit of IPS-SO... Irate Postal Service - Significant Order. Ineffective Pathetic (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: who does chris think he is?

(...) On late-night television I saw the 'the Seven Samurai'. They were mean dudes. It was in Japanese, but it had subtitles. Oops...I'm not an admin. pete.w (or an admon even, if admon is short for admonish) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: who does chris think he is?

(...) I think the general idea is that Chris (and to some part myself) is threatened by the idea that those rulesetters won't make Lugnet a place where we'd want to stick around. Lugnet has been fantastic for us for a very long time, but the current (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: who does chris think he is?

(...) No, but I would expect you'd do something like this, so...carry on! :) (...) For THAT matter, I could also say Emimem or NWA made some excellent points using a LOT of profanity. What I'm trying to get across is, for the subject matter, that (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Hi there

(...) The idea was to drive a boat from one end of a pool to another, where there would be a "buoy" (aka stolen road pylon weighed down with stones) where you'd have to turn around and drive back. I think we'd allow some non-Lego stuff, probably (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: who does chris think he is?

(...) And what I'm saying is, you don't NEED to. It's like saying, should I ever NEED to blow up a small sovereign nation, I want to always have access to a nuclear weapon (since everyone likes to call it the "F-Bomb" (?!#!@#)). It should never get (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: who does chris think he is?

(...) I didn't mean to imply that profanity is always wrong. I tend to agree with Larry's view on profanity use [1] and also agree (strongly) with Kelly's view of "free speech" on LUGNET [2]. My comment wasn't meant to address what was profanity and (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: who does chris think he is?

(...) I know that the admins set the rules and I know LUGNET is "non-free" in terms of the types expression allowed but I think the above opinion is very arrogant (that's not to say that you, Tim, are arrogant since I know you are not). The above (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: who does chris think he is?

(...) Then do it on a server that you own, or one that allows profanity in discussions. The only reason you would have to fear those 'seven people you haven't met' would be because those people are entrusted with the keeping of this sandbox, which (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: who does chris think he is?

(...) WILD STALLIONS RULE!!!! -Orion (who think that lately LUGNET has been severly lacking in the mirth department) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: who does chris think he is?

(...) maybe! I snipped the rest away. I think both sides have made good points and I don't want to respond point by point. Instead I want to touch on a theme. In an ideal world the only rule LUGNET would ever need would be "be excellent to each (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: who does chris think he is?

(...) Calum I am sure you knew this would be coming as soon as you listed names of people that make a point without profanity..... but here it is anyway. (...) Yes, *SOME* would say that..... (...) BUT *I* would say.... I can see your point, and I (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Hi there

This will be my first post on Lugnet, so I hope it works. It has been interesting reading the posts from the past few days. I think it would be entertaining to have an RC boat event one day. J (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: who does chris think he is?

(...) Calum, You make some excellent points. I can even see that wishy-washy-easily-swayed Dave K says that you are right. BUT, Calum, you made my point in your very last sentence. At no point have I ever(STRESS EVER) advocated that I want to swear (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Laying smack (was Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company

(...) Wow Dave, I must say, I'm very disappointed in your obvious SLOS (sexist limits on smack). Then you give yourself a smack job??? I don't think you are allowed to do that publicly. Calls in the SUITS, and charges Dave with a bit of IPS-SO (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: who does chris think he is?

In lugnet.admin.general, Calum Tsang wrote: <snip> (...) Didn't someone state recently that you had dreamy eyes? Well, I can't attest to that but as far as I'm concerned, you are an excellent voice o' reason! Nicely done. Dave K -who has a Geroge (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: who does chris think he is?

(...) Some would say that you don't need those seven to make any point that's worth making. I mean, when Madeline Albright or Paul Martin stood before the United Nations, I didn't see them using those magic seven, did they? I don't see lawyers using (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: who does chris think he is?

In lugnet.admin.general, Chris Magno wrote: <snip> (...) Those dastardly forgin languages!!! Dave K -picture it done with a Swedish accent and maybe you'llbegin to see why I'm smilin' right now... (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: who does chris think he is?

In lugnet.admin.general, Scott Lyttle wrote: Hello Scott, With all due respect, I do understand your point, but every story has at least two sides to it. (...) I am NOT Chris, but I do have kids. (...) I let them swear in my house, anytime they feel (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: who does chris think he is?

(...) HI Scott. I have to say; i have met MORE people here recently than I have in a very long time. YES. I have Kids. www.themagnofamily.com When I get to that bridge, my intention is to teach my kids something about "right time, right place." (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whilst endeavouring to clean up my LEGO stuff...

(...) <snip> (...) thanks dude. (...) Trip for 2 to the Dominican Republic $2800 Trip to the 'dog spa' for the puppy $ 280 One bottle of sunscreen $ 10 One box of Gravol $ 6 One box of Imodium $ 5 Spending 2 days in the bathroom... Priceless! Jeff (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Laying smack (was Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company

(...) Awwww, i can't go hittin' no woman!!! What kind of no good for nuttin' flannel wearin' rusty pickup drivin' country hick d'ya think i am??? Oh wait, all those are true! I just laid the smack down on me! Ouch! Well, maybe not too much ouch... (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whilst endeavouring to clean up my LEGO stuff...

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Jeff Van Winden wrote: <snip> (...) Ban him!! Ban Him!! He's a witch!! I'll bring it to dinner. And someone told me you and Jen got sick on your trip. So here's the moral--no one go on vacation to Dominican Republic! Can (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Laying smack (was Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company

(...) I volunteer!!!!!! (...) PICK ME! PICK ME!!! (...) Janey "Hit me with your best shot, Red Brick" (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whilst endeavouring to clean up my LEGO stuff...

(...) Yep, that's mine! I was looking for it a couple of weeks ago... And figured it was burried (sp?) in a train modue box somewhere And as you could tell I am home, but sick, everyone of the 37 people that went to Jen's friends wedding came down (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: who does chris think he is?

(snip) Chris, do you have kids? If so, do you let them swear and curse anywhere they choose? I think you realize that the censorship really has more to do with being decent than anything else. As Lugnet tries to be a place that is friendly to all, (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Laying smack (was Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Larry Pieniazek wrote: <snip> (...) <snmip> (...) Oh we'll be layin' the smack down for whomever we choose... no worries there. rtlT is known as the smack daddy of 'em all! smack smack smack!!! Who shall get smacked (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Woot!!!

I don't know why, but I get a little emotional about this--No beating around the bush... One more country has just visited my website and got itself added to the list-- ((URL) along with Iran and such, Saudi Arabia just got added to the list! 1 (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Laying smack (was Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company

(...) (or put "this is a repost with some content changed" when reposting things... just like Calum did) (...) Please don't lay any smack down on JoJo for reposting, after cleaning up the quoted text that got him a timeout. Lay it on me, instead, (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for your signs! (no discussions here please)

Johannes 'Jojo' Koehler wrote: < A good point > Ok I understand what happened. Sorry for jumping on you. I've just been frustrated by this topic being jammed into our forums, then people jumping us for discussing it. Additionally the ridiculous (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for your signs! (no discussions here please)

Hello! (...) OK, to get things straight: The post you just answered to was a re-post because the original post was cancelled for it contained some bad words (quotations of Duane Hess' bad words) that are **ed in this re-post. The original posting (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Don't worry, petitions to come later...

(...) Oh krunk! I was thinking more of a 1 x 16. You guys are so tame. When?? Well.... I would say (but thankfully I have no pull or influence)..... right after rtl-18 blockstacking. Only I can't figure out, is the implant for the winner or the (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Don't worry, petitions to come later...

(...) HAHAHA Pony Con! Like that one. When I read the article the comment that most AFOP's (Adult Friends of Ponies) are also goth jumped out....wonder what the conection is there! Just glad we don't have to have peircings or tattoos to be (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact