 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13232
Re: It's the oddest thing...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2005 22:01:23 GMT

it, but there's nothing in the error or access log as to what caused Apache to
stop functioning.  It's very odd--the server appears to be functioning
flawlessly--noting in the event viewer that would cause me consternation, but
Apache just locks up.

Does the process bork out or does the entire platform come down (ie, BSOD)

Calum

It's the Apache process--the actual server still chugs along with nary an
issue--Apache just stops--yet there's no sign of said stoppage in Event Viewer
or Task Manager

Further, using Apache Monitor, Apache Monitor says it's still running, and if I
hit 'restart' it says it's restarted, but still doesn't accept requests.  But if
I click 'stop' and wait until Apache stops, and click 'start', then Apache comes
up perfect again.

Exceedingly odd.

So in a script file that I run sporadically, I have 'apache -k shutdown' then
'apache -k start' and then things work fine.

so I'm thinking either Apache 2.xx doesn't like Win2K server edition, or the new
hardware works great for games, but not great as a server.

Dave K