 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13252
Re: It's the oddest thing...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2005 15:17:13 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Oliver Giesen wrote:

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message
It's the Apache process--the actual server still chugs along with nary an
issue--Apache just stops--yet there's no sign of said stoppage in Event
Viewer
or Task Manager

So the task is still alive as far as NT is concerned, the OS is still
running?
That doesn't sound like hardware.

so I'm thinking either Apache 2.xx doesn't like Win2K server edition, or
the
new
hardware works great for games, but not great as a server.

No, I don't honestly think it's the hardware in this case.   What's the
memory usage like when you cold start the machine with Apache running then
again when Apache breaks?

Calum

Are there any clues in the Apache log?

Nope--there are just no requests logged at a certain time, then I restart Apache
and all the Apache startup requests are logged.

I'm going to let it run for a few more days and see what happens--try to narrow
it down

Thanks to all for the responses.

Dave K