 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13253
Re: It's the oddest thing...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2005 15:19:11 GMT

It's the Apache process--the actual server still chugs along with nary an
issue--Apache just stops--yet there's no sign of said stoppage in Event Viewer
or Task Manager

So the task is still alive as far as NT is concerned, the OS is still running?
That doesn't sound like hardware.

so I'm thinking either Apache 2.xx doesn't like Win2K server edition, or the
new
hardware works great for games, but not great as a server.

No, I don't honestly think it's the hardware in this case.   What's the memory usage like when you cold start the machine with Apache running then again when Apache breaks?

Calum

I'll have to look at that--I'm not usually home when Apache goes down--I'm going
to stop my scheduled restarts of Apache and see what happens.

What I am imoressed with, and it's the only time Microsoft thus far has
impressed me, is Netmeeting.  Wonderful little thing that is...

Dave K