 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13254
Re: Laser Level
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2005 15:21:26 GMT

I picked up a laser level on the weekend.  It was on at canadian tire
for $23 down from $60.  I figured for that price it was worth a try to
see if it would help with setting up the train layout.

It comes with a tripod so we can set it at a particular hight then cast
it over the setup area.  I figure you set it to be three or four blocks
higher then the height we want the tables.  Then we can set brick
towers on the tables and see how high each part of the table needs to
be.  Easier then trying to cast it over the surface of the tables.

Worth a try--one of the problems we keep having is one end of the layout being
two to four inches higher than the other end :)  A global reference might help.

What are the other key problems with the layout being uneven?

-Uneven floor
-Uneven holes between modules
-Not square modules

Calum
PS-I guess our next event is in April, Dave?

Frank called me on the weekend--he's pretty much keen on us being there but I
mentioned that we had to sign off on it first.

So as long as the consensus is good, I'll give him a shout this week.  Or do we
want to talka bout it at dinner?

Dave K