 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13249
Re: Laser Level
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2005 14:13:34 GMT

On 7-Feb-05, at 11:29 PM, Calum Tsang wrote:
Worth a try--one of the problems we keep having is one end of the
layout being
two to four inches higher than the other end :)  A global reference
might help.

There is no way the convention center floor is off the 2-4 inches in
the twenty foot dimensions of our layout.  1/8 to a 1/4 inch maybe.  So
I hope this is a big help for that.

It's additive.  One of the other ideas is that we should build from inside out.
But I think we do that today anyways.

Using the laser level will make it take longer to setup the first time
for sure.  But I think it will solve a lot of problems.  Once
everything is adjusted if we mark which pieces go where and assemble
the layout the same way the next time it should go together much
quicker.

So what's the plan for trains this year?

-April, creepy steamer trunk trainshow in Toronto?  What's up with this Dave?
-July, NMRA2005 in Cincinnati?  Jeff?

Calum