 Administrative / General / 12221
Re: who does chris think he is?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2005 16:22:02 GMT

(snip)

Chris, do you have kids?  If so, do you let them swear and curse anywhere they
choose?

I think you realize that the censorship really has more to do with being decent
than anything else.  As Lugnet tries to be a place that is friendly to all,
especially to children, I tend to agree on the censorship issue due to decency.
You may think it's bull, but think of how many children come to this board, read
things, then decide to start quoting comments to parents--especially the stuff
with the "seven bad words".  When those parents find out that they got the quote
from Lugnet... well, then the e-mails from disgusted parents fly.  I do know
that many of the Lego stores will give the Lugnet site address to children (and
adults) who adore Lego.

I'm not an admin here, and I don't have kids, but I work in an environment where
there are a lot of children, and I have to be a little careful with what I say
around them.

Just remember your audience here isn't just adults.

Scott Lyttle