 Administrative / General / 12246
Re: Effeet insults 101 was (Re: who does chris think he is?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2005 04:52:16 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Ross Crawford wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, Joseph Greene wrote:

Um, if  you need to resort to profanity, then I submit that you have already
lost the argument.

Who said anything about argument? I often use words in normal conversation that
would probably be considered profane here.

ROSCO
As do many people, but what most, while doing so, don't realize is that they are
on some level arguing for or against something. Whether the argument is with the
2 $^#$%$#^ bricks that won't separate or the @#$^& thing you dislike (for
whatever reason) it is still at it's basest form an argument. But then again,
most of the purpose of language is commnication, the means by which one creature
convinces another to see things their way and thusly all communication is a form
of argument for, against, and on some occasions both. Realize, an argument is a
difference of opinion or viewpoint, it is not by definition a negative thing,
however it the word argument has over the centuries, in every language, become
associated with a heated discussion.. We human types are so aggressive...