 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13208
13207  |  13209
Subject:
Crazy Stalking Whatever
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2005 19:51:58 GMT

Without getting into details... (and in the 'it can only happen to Dave' dept.)

I just gott off the phone with Person A

Person A has a daughter--Daughter B

Daughter B and I had dated back in high school--it was, from my vague
recollection, 2-3 dates but not much more).

Turns out that daughter B hasn't had a very nice life, and has mentioned
numerous times over the intervening years between high school and now how much
she liked me and how much she misses me and how much of a 'nice guy' I
was--whatever!

Now friends, I want to tell you that this conversation has made me quite on
edge--stalking would be a word that immediately comes to mind, for Person A
mentioned during the course of the conversation aspects about my personal life
(wanting to be a journalist, where I live now, etc) that only happened well
after I broke up with her daughter.

Compounded with this is the very intimate details that Person A was going on
about.  Me, being hte polite one and waiting to find a nice spot to terminate
this conversation without risking offense (for I don't want to find a severed
horses head in my bed at any point in the future...), listened for around 20
minutes.

K, I'm a little freaked out.  Wel, probably more than a little...

I'm just thinking that, in my opinoin, there are people who are nexii.  Some
people seem to win things more often than others, some people just seem to get
further ahead than others, and some people, like me, even through no fault of
our own, seem to have more of a negative nexus about.

Maybe I've been too nice.  I dunno--I'm not changing my personality 'cause some
person kept a torch for me for 20ish years, but for the love of all things!
Just once I want something safe, and normal and right to happen.

Oh wait, it did.

Eh, then it's a wash

Dave K