 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13160
Re: Don't worry, petitions to come later...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2005 18:42:33 GMT

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 16:45:20 GMT, Calum Tsang <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote:
I opened the National Post this weekend and found this charming article about a
My Little Pony fan convention in the UK:

http://www.canada.com/national/nationalpost/news/artslife/saturdaypost/story.html?id=ba76b0d7-ea91-4b94-a730-7458452beec3

I thought this was pretty cute until I realized they're where Lego fans were in
1995.  Soon they'll start having threads about "mane length controversy" and G5
Happy Horse rereleases ruining "collector value" and how the 2007 reissue of
"Magenta Cotton Candy" is not a true "Legend" because it's hooves are different
coloured.  Then they'll start writing petitions to Hasbro about "important
issues" such as "symbols versus cutie marks" on the ponies' rumps.

Don't worry, there'll also be a faction that will complain that the complainers
are ruining it for the rest of the My Little Pony fan community, that no one
will come to keynote from Hasbro at Pony Con 2008, etc. :)

Calum

HAHAHA Pony Con!  Like that one.

When I read the article the comment that most AFOP's (Adult Friends of
Ponies) are also goth jumped out....wonder what the conection is
there!

Just glad we don't have to have peircings or tattoos to be
AFOLS....especially lego ones...

umm..

urrrr.

...so Janey and Chris, when do the 1x4 technic beam implants go in? :)

-Rob (the only holes are the ones nature put there) A>