 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13224
13223  |  13225
Subject:
Any Electrical Engineers in our midst?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2005 03:53:43 GMT

All,

Is anyone in the group capable of designing custom circuits for Lego devices? I
have been contacted by Darryl Reiter, the president of the Children's technology
workshop, http://www.icamp.ca/ and he is looking for a replacement for the Lego
Control Lab interface. This is because they use these interfaces extensively at
their camps, and Lego has stopped producing them.
Here is what they are looking for:

USB interface.
6 or more active/passive Lego sensor inputs.
6 or more outputs capable of driving various Lego motors.
9V power supply via a wall adapter.
Lego compatible connectors.
Minimal enclosure, can be built with Lego after the fact.

They already have a custom written program for the Lego Control Lab, so it
could be adapted to work with the USB interface.
They want to have a working prototype built by April. Once all of the bugs are
worked out, they would like to be able to produce the circuit boards for
approximately $100-$200. The compensation for designing and building a
working prototype will be on the order of several thousand dollars.
Please let me know asap if you are interested and can devote the time
required to this project. I will then put you in touch with the president of
the company.

Thanks,

Rob