 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13237
Re: Since you guys are all computer techs...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2005 06:31:32 GMT

"Oliver" <ogiesen@mdsintl.com> wrote:

Should be fairly easy: open Outlook Express, select menu item 'Tools' go
down to 'Accounts'.  In the "Internet Accounts" dialogue box click on the
'Add>' button, then select 'News', enter a display name for yourself,
click Next, enter your email address, click Next, enter the News Server
Name, in this case "news.lugnet.com", click 'Finish'.  You should be back
at the "Internet Accounts" dialogue box you started out with, now you need
to click on the "Properties" button.  In the Properties dialogue box click
on the last tab labeled "Advanced", then under "Server Port Number" in the
"News(NNTP): box enter 1119, click on 'OK', click on 'Close' and Outlook
should prompt you to download News Groups from the LUGNET server.

Thanks, Oliver!!

I knew it was probably something easy, I just couldn't for the life of me
remember how to do it since it's been years since I set it up.  :)

    Iain