 Off-Topic / Debate / 19450
Re: Why us? and if us, why this way?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 19:07:30 GMT

Fredrik:

As an american myself I can assure you that most americans are as dumb as
hammers. And about as deft as hammers too in their handling of foreign affairs.

I'll just basically quote myself from another thread here...

Bush (and Blair) Flatly Declare No Connection Between Saddam and al Qaeda:
http://www.thememoryhole.org/war/no-saddam-qaeda.htm
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2003/01/20030131-23.html

From the White House page:
Q One question for you both. Do you believe that there is a link between
Saddam Hussein, a direct link, and the men who attacked on September the 11th?

THE PRESIDENT: I can't make that claim.

THE PRIME MINISTER: That answers your question.

Settled? Sadly, americans are often wildly ignorant on matters of extreme
importance.  One public school educator I know informs me that I would be
shocked at the level of ignorance of most american kids.

-- Hop-Frog