 Off-Topic / Debate / 19395
Re: I'm just going to take a back seat.... Re: You Can Lead A Horse To Water....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 15:56:15 GMT

Does Bush want diplomacy to work?

What does diplomacy accomplish?  I mean *really*?  Please cite examples of
diplomacy working *anywhere* in the world, but not, of course, "diplomacy"
conducted in surrender agreements.  The fact is that "diplomacy" is merely a
synonym for "appeasement".  I will cite a recent and very relevant *failure* of
diplomacy-- North Korea.  Dictators *love* diplomacy, because they are immoral,
two-faced liars.  *Nothing* works when only one side is playing by the rules,
whether it be gun control, diplomacy, anything.  One side merely laughs, while
the other side sticks its head in the sand and feels all good about itself for
its "mature" resolution of conflict.  Give me a break.  What *really* happens
is merely the *delay* of the inevitable!

I noticed that DaveK wrote a while back: "Give peace a chance".  For how long?
Really?  How about "Give War a Chance".  Giving peace a chance hasn't worked
from day 1; let's try killing all of the bad guys and then "Let Peace Happen".

JOHN