 Off-Topic / Debate / 19377
Re: I'm just going to take a back seat.... Re: You Can Lead A Horse To Water....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 21:28:09 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Spencer Nowak writes:

"Dubya is singularly incompetent.  He is
trashing American influence for no good reason, destroying whatever trust we
had with Middle-Eastern countries,"

What influence?

Saudi Arabia and Kuwait come to mind readily.

As far as i know, we never had much influence over any of those countries...

"Desert Storm" did not happen in a vacuum.

For "no good reason" eh?  How about: He hates the US, he has WMDs, hes
completely unopposed in his country, and hes an unstable nut.

He doesn't care about the US, except that we got in the way of his last oil
grab (but helped the previous attempt).  I have seen no compelling evidence
of "weapons of mass destruction".  He is opposed, just not very successfully
(not that it rates as a reason for war one way or the other).  I wouldn't
rate him as particularly unstable in comparison to some true nut cases
(North Korean leadership, for example).  He's fairly predictable: he wants
to stay in power, and he wants more of the latter through the medium of more
oil.  His threat is to his neighbors, and if they don't want to see a war,
then advocating such is to no good reason.

This just in...I saw in the paper this morning that some Americans that went
to Iraq to serve as human shileds for the poor innocent civillians(hehe)
left after being informed that they hads to use themselves to shield
strategic military sites for Saddam. Strange, huh?

Morons - just because I don't think war is wise doesn't mean I have any
illusions about Saddam being a scumbag.  Putting yourself in as a human
shield for him is stupidity personified.

-->Bruce<--