 Off-Topic / Debate / 19439
Re: Why us? and if us, why this way?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 16:33:41 GMT

Here I think you may want to check your recollection better. Who mans the DEW?

DEW?  Most times I love acronyms...

Distant Early Warning.

The network of radar bases in Alaska and Canada's far north intended to give
the earliest possible terrestrial warning of incoming transpolar missile
attack targeted at either the US or Canada.

Not the most critical defense thing these days with satellites capable of
giving boost phase info but it's been there since ages ago.