 Off-Topic / Debate / 19409
Re: I'm just going to take a back seat.... Re: You Can Lead A Horse To Water....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 18:23:49 GMT

Are you honestly trying to say that diplomacy is universally and always
unsuccessful in all cases everywhere on the planet?  That nothing has ever
been accomplished by diplomacy?  You may wish to modify your statement or at
least limit its sweeping nature.

Okay, I was thinking in terms of *major* global conflicts, such as war.  More
specifically, I'm looking for examples of diplomacy effectively dealing with an
aggressor (nation or entity).

JOHN

Cuban Missle Crisis.  Defused through diplomacy.  Both sides got something
they wanted.  Perceptually Kruschev lost, and was deposed eventually because
of it.

-->Bruce<--