 Off-Topic / Debate / 19456
Re: Why us? and if us, why this way?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 21:49:32 GMT

It just goes to show what happens to you when English is not the tongue of
your parents' household...

It was bugging me so I looked it up...

It's supposed to be "dumb as a sack of hammers" or "dumb as a bag of
hammers."  Apparently, there is even some opinion that the use of the word
"sack" may be funnier than its alternative.

Who knew?  Not me.

Hmmm.

-- Hop-Frog