 Off-Topic / Debate / 19381
Re: I'm just going to take a back seat.... Re: You Can Lead A Horse To Water....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 01:01:05 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mike Petrucelli writes:

<snip>

What's really sick is that so many people think it is perfectly acceptable to
let millions of Iraqi people suffer, in fear of their lives, under a brutal
dictatorship, when we could easily free them.

http://www.newsday.com/media/cartoon/2003-03/6864060.jpg

-Mike Petrucelli

What's even sicker is equating wanting a peaceful solution to the Iraqi
situation to doing nothing at all.

War will kill Iraqi people.  "Easily free them"?  What?  from their lives on
earth?  Sure, then war is the solution.  If you want to do something to help
the Iraqi people live better lives on this planet, however, then war isn't
the answer, it's actually sending in, wait for it--UN peacekeepers.  Canada,
having a pretty good history oof peacekeeping, it's surprising that I, a
Canadian, would be pro-peace and offering a helping hand to the people.

Again, I agree with everything the one person was saying in that cartoon--SH
is a bad man, he has done bad things--draw the line from there to the point
where war is the right, Just, and only solution.  This war isn't good for
the Iraqi people, this war isn't good for the economy, this war isn't good
for so many nations and people against it, this war isn't good for reducing
the terrorist threat...

So I have to ask, "Who would this war be good for?  Who would benefit from
this war?"

I think Scott Arthur said it earlier---

Dubya Dubya III

Dave K