 Off-Topic / Debate / 19393
Re: I'm just going to take a back seat.... Re: You Can Lead A Horse To Water....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 15:13:43 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ross Crawford writes:

And what was Afghanistan? Will invading Iraq be any more decisive?

Can you elaborate on that? Although we haven't won the peace yet, that war
was won pretty decisively, contrary to what the naysayers predicted.

I think it amy be in reference to a few things--the idiot in charge was
replaced with, what was it, 4 other idiots?  The 'Cartels', as it were?

Are the Afgan folks any better off?  They died during the 'military action'
and now they have basically the same life that they had before, so really,
was the war of *any* help?

But that's just right off the top of my head.

I have no doubt that the US will win a war with Iraq.  I hear no one saying
"Well, the US may get their teeth kicked..."  Yeah, US victory is pretty
much an assured thing.

But what good will it accomplish?  Where's the Justice?  In the 'fallout'
after the war, will we be any further ahead?

No good, no justice, no further ahead--unless the US does something
radically different than it has done before, after your other military actions.

But since this confrontation is being built up on the same type of fallacies
as US intrusions in the past, I think it'll have the same type of results.

Kill SH, leave the country, and some other tinpot dictator, or a bunch of
"Cartels", backed, of course, by the US, will be in charge, and the people
will have the same life that they do today, except their homes--ruined
(again), relatives--dead or injured (again), and living under some type of
regime--still no Justice to be seen.

Dave K