 Off-Topic / Debate / 19385
Re: I'm just going to take a back seat.... Re: You Can Lead A Horse To Water....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 05:58:27 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mike Petrucelli writes:

So I have to ask, "Who would this war be good for?  Who would benefit from
this war?"

The people currently living in Iraq. You know the people that are executed for
questioning Saddam.  Or how about some of his troops that would likely
surrender because US Prisoners are fed and treated better than Iraqi soliders.
Thats what happened in 1990-1991.  Of course then their families were executed
for betrayal so maybe we should eliminate Saddam's ability to do that first.

I keep seeing the sign: "No war in Iraq, Save the Iraqi Children." So what is
it; "No war in Iraq" or "Save the Iraqi Children."?  I mean people how can
people be so delusional to think that Saddam will magically chage his ways
without a strong show of force.  Saddam and Al-queda probably do not have any
formal ties but the both share one common belief.  The "Western Powers" will
be too "soft" and "weak" to challenge them. A quick decisive victory would not
embolded Al-Queda, it would scare the crap out of them.  Osama Bin Laden,
according to his own writings did not belive the US would do anything after
the Trade Center attacks. Thats because we did nothing after many attacks
against targets all over the globe, that claimed nearly a thousand lives, over
the ten years preceeding the attacks. We were a "paper tiger." War Sucks. Ok?
War Sucks. We all know that. What we seem to be disagreeing on is that doing
nothing is worse. Diplomacy only works when the other side wants it too and
Saddam has proven time and again that diplomacy is merely a joke to him.

You are spot on, Mike!  Terrorists fear strength and feed on weakness, not the
other way around.  God, why is this concept so friggin' hard to understand??
People say "if we attack Iraq, we will be bringing more terrorist attacks upon
ourselves!"  B as in B, S as in S!  THEY ARE GOING TO DO IT ANYWAY! WAKE UP!
Unless we kill them first.

OBL (and SH for that matter) has made a critical error in his assessment of US
resolve-- the lesson of Japan's attack on Pearl Harbor went unheeded.  Thank
God *we* learned the lesson of Chamberlain in pre-WWII.

Wahabi Islamic Fascism is here, folks.  The sooner we confront it, the sooner
it will be expunged from the earth.  And then the world *will* be a safer
place-- for the West AND the Muslim World.

JOHN