 Off-Topic / Debate / 19432
Re: Why us? and if us, why this way?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 12:53:37 GMT

"Nothing is worse for a great power than to ask others far less moral for
permission to use its power"

It is all too easy to demonise France, China and Russia; but the reality is
that most nations are against this folly. As far as I know, there are only two
nations where the majority of the population support the looming war: the USA
and Israel. Are all those who do not support the war somehow “far less moral”
than a bunch of guys with highly suspect morality themselves?  Your monkey-man
“president” has engineered a situation whereby the world now questions American
actions by default, rather than trusting them. Elected leaders are castigated
by Bush & Co for saying no, whilst dictators rewarded for acquiescing.

How has this been allowed to happen?

Scott A