 Off-Topic / Debate / 19420
19419  |  19421
Subject:
This is outrageous (not what you think) was Re: I'm just going to take a back seat..
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 15 Mar 2003 05:10:12 GMT

So again, what do we do about it?

You know I have been thinking about this since I posted my original messages.
What do we do about it? I mean Afganistan is a poor example of how to "help."
At the same time one must recognize that while Afgans are still living in
sub-standard conditions, their standard of living has improved considerably
from what it was under the Taliban.  So, is better than it was "good enough"
even though it is still sub-standard?  Why did we bother?  With regard to
Iraqi, obviously diplomacy has not been working.  However if we are only going
to accomplish something similar to Afganistan then why bother with military
action. Now one may wonder why my sudden change of mindset here. Simple, before
today I had assumed that Bush was simply a conservative bafoon whom we should
take everything he says with a grain of salt. (I.E. Take away the "partisan"
spin and you could basicly take what is said as at least somewhat accurate,
like most politicians.) However today I learned something completly outrageous.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/03/10/column.shields.opinion.democracy/

Now I am convinced that we should start shooting politicans, (ok well maybe
that is a little extreme, but we should at least lock them up) reinstate the
constitution as our basis of government, and ignore the rest of the world till
we sort out our own crap.

-Mike Petrucelli