 Off-Topic / Debate / 19369
Re: You Can Lead A Horse To Water....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 19:44:01 GMT

As the saying goes, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.
It is time for all of the anti-war crowd that are "sitting on the fence"
because there isn't enough "evidence" or are waiting for a "smoking gun" to
come clean.  They are against the war because they are *anti-Bush*.  They
haven't gotten over the fact that Bush won ("stole";-) the election, and so
their objectivity over the Saddam crisis is MIA.  They are like a petulant
child who hasn't gotten their way, the fact is that NO AMOUNT of evidence will
be sufficient to change their minds, and so they are exposed for the dishonest
frauds and political hacks that they are.

K, first I'm Canadian.  I may have issues with the moronic policies of your
appointed leader, but I couldn't give a flying fig as to who your leader
is--if he does right, I don't care.

I give to you an article by William Safire as more "evidence" that Saddam is a
bold-faced liar, a stockpiler of WMD, and a threat to humanity.

I never *ever* said otherwise--SH lied,  He has weapons,  He is a therat to
his people and to the countries around him--where has *anyone* against the
war said otherwise??

Now the only question is "What do we do about it?"  Do we commit further
atrocities by killing more folks via war, or do we work out a peaceful
solution?  I vote for peace.

It is time for the Left to wake up and smell the MOAB.

It's time for the right to come clean and say explicitly that they just want
the war for their own ulterior reasons.  The peace process is working,
slowly, but it *is* working--all the posturing by the US is thwarting the
peace process.

And the article below?

3 words--

What about Cheney?