 Off-Topic / Debate / 19438
Re: Some amusement, while we're on the brink of a stupid war
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 15:40:10 GMT

http://winstars.free.fr/english/bush.html

Some of you may already have seen these...

About the "Wag the Dog" issue (one of the movie posters had "Wag the Dog
Productions..."

When Bubba had his 70 hour war, weren't the Republicans all over that,
calling it 'Wag the Dog' (the movie was just released a few months before,
iirc), saying that Bill was trying to deflect media interest from his sex
scandals.

Yet I haven't heard the term 'Wag the Dog' used much in this current fiasco
perpetrated by the Republicans...

Me thinks the liberal media is pretty much asleep at the wheel somewhere...

Also, watching CNN this weekend (it seems my telly doesn't leave that
channel the last few weeks...), they were showing the demonstrations, now on
both sides of the issue--one guy was interviewed as saying "Let's see if CNN
covers *this* rally!"--a rally *for* the war.  Implying that CNN coverage is
anti-war and pro-peace.  Well, I cannot say one way or the other--I don't
know if CNN is biased to peace.  I just find their coverage to be extensive
and thorough, if somewhat repetitive...

Dave K