 Off-Topic / Debate / 10276
Re: Carbon Canyon + Miata.....bliss!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 7 May 2001 20:09:12 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott P. Costello writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:

Yup, SAT 9 (Chino Hills).  ...

Stanford 9.  My brain fuzzed out.

Chino Hills?  Cool beans!  I used to love that drive through Carbon Canyon...

Great place to drive through.  Put the top down, the shades on, and give the
Bridgestone RE-71s a workout.

It's been 10 years (and 2 months) since I lived in the area.  It's undoubtedly
overgrown a lot since there.

Steve

I can guarantee that you would not love the drive nowadays. I drive through
the canyon daily and although the area has grown tremendously, the freeway
system has not kept up.  On top of that the 91 freeway has a huge toll road
that will not let the state upgrade the freeways for fear of competition.
Luckily the view is beautiful, because I spend a great deal of time stopped
on the road looking at it.

Scott

That's the slackers in Riverside county.  The 91 was awful 10 years ago,
I'll note.  Carbon Canyon is still a great drive!

Bruce