 Off-Topic / Debate / 10168
Re: Inter-racial, Inter-religious, Inter-national relationships
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2001 20:22:13 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Shiri Dori writes:
...I'd be intereted to hear what people's opinions about inter-racial
(inter-ethnic?), inter-religious and inter-national (i.e. people from
different countries) relationships. With today's internet as well as
world-wide transportation, I'm assuming these are much more common than a
hundred and prolly even fifty or twenty years ago. Some people feel it's
fine and great, other disagree for traditional or other reasons.

What about you?

-Shiri (who could write for hours about this, but will first wait for response)

There is no reason why any of the above are wrong.  All humans are compatible,
given the right circumstances.  Personally, i doubt that i'd marry someone who
was not already of my faith before we met because the particular sort of
compatibility that i want (which i have) is to have (on a deeply fundamental
level) a shared worldview system with my wife.

Those relationships in which the love-struck couple met behind enemy lines and
though he doesn't speak a word of French, and she not a syllable of German, yet
they enjoyed a 50-year-marriage of communicating in pigeon--does appeal to my
romantic sentiments, yet, I'm afraid that human nature being what it is, marital
quarreling no doubt transcends all barriers (call me bitter old married guy).

james