 Off-Topic / Debate / 10131
Re: Inter-racial, Inter-religious, Inter-national relationships
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2001 00:42:56 GMT

- I find the above a good thing. People should marry for love or
compatability or whatever and not because the person they are partnering
with happens to be the right xxxx.

Keep in mind that mature love is the culmination of shared interests and
experiences, in short love is made not found.  Compatibility and common
interests are what attract people to each other, but ultimately the decision
to commit to someone is deeper.

OK, but what if someone is standing between a crossroads, trying to decide
between two people they know to make the relation deeper. One of them is the
"right xxxx" and one isn't. Both are really great people, etc, yadda yadda.
Wouldn't it make sense to give a shot for the "right" one first?

A decision is always hardest when it is not between a good and a bad choice,
but two good choices. Ultimately if both people are "great people", then
neither decision is wrong.  I believe there are a great number of people
that can make us happy in this life. (granted very few that could put up
with me).  Finally do not use the racial question to solve a quandry that
goes much deeper, although it does sound like a good excuse to not make a
difficult decision.

Scott