 Off-Topic / Debate / 10139
Re: Inter-racial, Inter-religious, Inter-national relationships
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 08:06:05 GMT

Shiri Dori wrote:

...I'd be intereted to hear what people's opinions about inter-racial
(inter-ethnic?), inter-religious and inter-national (i.e. people from
different countries) relationships. With today's internet as well as
world-wide transportation, I'm assuming these are much more common than a
hundred and prolly even fifty or twenty years ago. Some people feel it's
fine and great, other disagree for traditional or other reasons.

What about you?

-Shiri (who could write for hours about this, but will first wait for response)

Actually I always think, a relationship is the business of only two
people who directly involved, and *nobody* has a right to say anything
about it. It's a pure personal thing. Unfortunately, an awful load of
bystanders around you and your partner always have something to say, and
believe they have every right to say it, making the certain partnership
hard to live with.

I personally don't care religion much (any), so I believe I can be with
people from any religion. Providing that the person is not an over
religious character. But I think I also prefer the not-caring-religion
one over others.

Inter-national relationships are quite same. Although I prefer someone
whose habits/important-non important issues/philosophy of life similar
to mine, which are somehow related to cultural and national background,
I really believe that I can do it with a person from another nation.

And inter-racial relationships are just the same, too. Although I find
very pale skin color/dark curly hair/asian-eyes-on-european-face
combination very attractive, looks of someone is just a tiny factor when
you are considering someone to be your partner for a whole life.

By the way, just for making myself clear, when writing all of the above,
I was thinking about choosing my wife/girlfriend/etc. For friendship,
there is no inter-something issue for me..:-)

Selçuk