 Off-Topic / Debate / 10223
Re: Inter-racial, Inter-religious, Inter-national relationships
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 5 May 2001 05:49:53 GMT

Ideally: I want to live in a world where we wouldn't have a question like this.

Reality: That still isn't the world we live in, but the world is what we
make of it! :)

I am proud to say that I am the fine product of all three factors:

Arab father / Irish-Welsh mother
Moslem father / Catholic mother
(won't name country) father / American mother

I think back to my childhood when my family settled back in America in a
trailer park, 1979. I remember the generous, daily butt-kickings I received
from the mob of older kids yelling "go back to Iran, camel jockey" and my
family wasn't even from there nor did I ever ride a camel (rode a donkey
once). Heh, and I was born in America!

So, it's hard to recommend dating or marrying out of "your own" simply
because of the harm you may receive from cowardly, ignorant bastards.
However, I dig it when love prevails! Me and my wife are totally different
skin-wise and we've received nasty comments (mostly from whites) and I don't
really care. Blood is blood, were all the same under the skin. Anyone
wanting to say different can go join the KKK.

Dan