 Off-Topic / Debate / 10222
Re: A question of remembrance...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 5 May 2001 04:31:22 GMT

What is a terrorist?

Oops, sorry if I left you hanging on that question, I thought it was
rhetorical. I believe the dictionary would use the literal meaning as "one
who instills terror in others." Perhaps a bit too general for an America
that prefer's having someone to hate...lots of $$$ to be made when we have
an enemy.

In my opinion, I think the term "terrorist" is so biased that you cannot
divorce it from the context. We gave each other several examples and you
included the notion of "history written by the victors." Staying with that,
you'll soon realize that one man's terrorist is another man's hero. The X
factors here: what are the simple facts? --and-- who's side are you on?

With regard to Israel and the Palistinians, lay the facts on the table and
you'll start seeing the real "terrorists." Think about George Washington
leading raids against the British... terrorist to the British, freedom
fighter to the Americans. You openly embraced oppression and aggression when
you said "to say that Israel and the PLO are equally bad is incorrect, the
PLO is far worse." The situation there is unjust, I entreat you not to stand
with the oppressors. Remember Dr. King: "Injustice anywhere is a threat to
justice everywhere." Change your paradigm, my friend.

http://jewsnotzionists.org

Dan