 Off-Topic / Debate / 10127
Re: Inter-racial, Inter-religious, Inter-national relationships
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 1 May 2001 23:32:31 GMT

- Statisticial analysis of census data seems to indicate that inter-xxxx is
on the upswing at least in the US, across all types of xxxx but that the
rate of increase varies by type of xxxx (1). This bears out your surmise.
Some factoids were that inter-xxxx is more common for asian and latino than
it is for african american, for whatever reason, and that it's more common
on the coasts (where the ethnicities are more well mixed).

<nod> That's what common sense would say, yep. Good to know common sense is
right again. ;-)

- I find the above a good thing. People should marry for love or
compatability or whatever and not because the person they are partnering
with happens to be the right xxxx.

OK, but what if someone is standing between a crossroads, trying to decide
between two people they know to make the relation deeper. One of them is the
"right xxxx" and one isn't. Both are really great people, etc, yadda yadda.
Wouldn't it make sense to give a shot for the "right" one first?

I'm not saying that's what I think, ja? Just playing devil's advocate here.

-Shiri