 Marketplace / Shopping / *8939 (-100)
  Re: Latest Tuesday Morning flyer features LEGO(tm)

"sun yun" <solasphere@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:GqM0B8.CsD@lugnet.com... (...) [ .... snipped ... ] (...) not (...) They tend to stock similar stuff but you may find one thing at one store and not at another. If you have never shopped TM (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Latest Tuesday Morning flyer features LEGO(tm)

(...) Hey thanks for the info Dirk! I just realized there's a Tuesday Morning not too far from where I live. I'll have to check it out. Do all the stores stock the same merchandise? If anybody sees some throwbots at 50% in particular (8500 torch, (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Latest Tuesday Morning flyer features LEGO(tm)

(...) I just received this email notice: ---...--- WE COULDN'T WAIT - To Show Off Our Newest Arrivals! Shop Tuesday, January 29 thru Saturday, February 2 We've been busy restocking since we closed in December. Truckloads of new items are on our (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Sculpture Kits At Legoland

I was at Legoland (California) today and they still have Statue of Liberty and Dragon sculpture kits on sale at the park. People still wanting the kits should come out for BricksWest and buy some. John Cooper (23 years ago, 27-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Latest Tuesday Morning flyer features LEGO(tm)

(...) What I've seen in the past is they 'reserve' some of the items in their ad's for a later date. If this is to help out traffic flow, to encourage repeat trips or some other reason I don't know. It cannot hurt to check on the 29th :^) When I (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Latest Tuesday Morning flyer features LEGO(tm)

(...) I stopped by my local one on the way home. It was closed and there was a sign up saying they would be open with new stock at 10am on January 29th. Since the date contradicts that on the flyer it may pay to double check your local store. BTW I (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Latest Tuesday Morning flyer features LEGO(tm)

(...) Also keep in mind that Tuesday Morning operates from the KayBee Toys / Toy Liquidators playbook, where the base price "we marked off from" is usually inflated above what we consider normal MSRP. For example, something that might have a $6 (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Latest Tuesday Morning flyer features LEGO(tm)

(...) IIRC, the "holiday event dates" are the dates during which Tuesday Morning is open. They are closed in between these "holiday event dates" for a couple of weeks and spend the time restocking with new murchandise. Bryan (23 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Latest Tuesday Morning flyer features LEGO(tm)

(...) Tuesday Morning is the name of the store. They have a website at www.tuesdaymorning.com, which includes a store locator. Bryan (23 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Latest Tuesday Morning flyer features LEGO(tm)

(...) What store is this at? (23 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Latest Tuesday Morning flyer features LEGO(tm)

The flyer I received today has an ad for LEGO sets. Copy reads in part, "Save $2 to $40 on Lego playsets. Choose from over 50 styles of the most popular Lego classics including Primo, Duplo, Mickey Mouse, Race, Soccer, LOM, Studio and many (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Let's make a LEGO shopping guide for NYC. Where are the deals?

Excellent info, Jonathan -- Keep it coming, everyone! Thanks. Paul (23 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ny.ny, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Let's make a LEGO shopping guide for NYC. Where are the deals?

(...) Do we really want to be giving this info up? :o) AFA deals are concerned, I don't know of any place in Manhattan except Goodwill locations. You have the TRU's & Kmarts but, unless a clearance is going on, they are overpriced, FAO Shwartz is a (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ny.ny, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Let's make a LEGO shopping guide for NYC. Where are the deals?

Please tell me where specifically you find the best deals on LEGO in the NYC area? Which stores (identify the location), which towns, etc.? Include Manhattan, the boroughs, Long Island and parts of New Jersey quickly accessible to NYC. Be as (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ny.ny, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: K-Mart files for bankruptcy

(...) You know, I think I'd second that. I used to get an eerie feeling anytime I went into a K-Mart. Then a friend, who works at a local hospital, filled me in; the hospital sends rehabilitating mental patients there to work. Armed with that (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: What's in your S@H Surpise Bag??

Nevermind, I'm forgot to take my anti-idiot pills today...Duh, its in the S@H catalog insert......... -RobI (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: What's in your S@H Surpise Bag??

(...) Interesting... Why are you receiving these? Have you placed an order of a certain amount or something recently? -Rob (23 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: US S@H Specials, Jan 23 - Jan 29, 2002

(...) Wasn't someone looking for yellow semi-rigid tubing a while back... Larry ? Ray (23 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  US S@H Specials, Jan 23 - Jan 29, 2002

(URL) (hit 4 when the recording starts) Duplo/Primo 2046 Water Play w/Fishing Net $14.99 $ 7.50 2526 Tim & Tom's Adventure $ 7.99 $ 4.00 2990 Tigger's Treehouse $19.99 $10.00 2909 Helicopter Rescue $14.99 $ 7.50 System 4164 Mickey's Fire Engine $ (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.announce.lsahs, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: What's in your S@H Surpise Bag??

(...) Ordered on 1.15.2002 Received: 3914 Luke Skywalker Key Chain 3413 Goal Keeper 1069 Speed Boat 4805 Ninja Knights minifig set I would have preferred a 2995 instead of the 4805... :) __Kevin Salm__ (23 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: K-Mart files for bankruptcy

There was an interesting quote from an analyst written up in the the 1/23/02 Philadelphia Inquirer. "If Kmart went away tomorrow, the only people who would care are existing Kmart shoppers who don't have access to a Target or Walmart." Put me the (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: K-Mart files for bankruptcy

"Maggie Cambron" <mcambron@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:GqD58H.Btn@lugnet.com... (...) When used correctly, employee empowerment is a wonderful tool. (23 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Anyone else noticed all the new early Star Wars 2002 sets are in stock at S@H UK?

I made the mistake of checking shop.lego.com today for the new SW 2002 sets in the UK and they're all in stock. Damn, there goes my pay cheque again :( Dan (23 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Nothing to do with a market for your MOCs on eBay.

(...) Yes, still there. The set of products changes over time. It was mostly full of Racers and Bionicles when I last looked. Of course, it's airport prices, so only worth paying if you need to pacify a screaming child. Kerry (23 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Nothing to do with a market for your MOCs on eBay.

(...) I'm not sure a machine with minifigs has been tried before. It would be cool. It's been done with small sets, though. Brisbane, Australia Airport: (URL) Mark Harrison in the pics) Hey, au'ers... are those machines still there at the airport in (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: K-Mart files for bankruptcy

(...) speaking of this did anyone see the 'Josie and the Pussycats' movie from last year. It was wierd how they integrated a target inspired/styled ad into part of the movie. -c fut--> lugnet.off-topic.fun and eventually debate. i know it's going to (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: K-Mart files for bankruptcy

(...) K-Mart (...) for (...) slow (...) up (...) In the fall of 2000 K-mart closed a bunch of stores, 3 near-ish to me, I was able to get a good stash for 50%, not so much at deeper discounts - maybe because of me, shoulda waited longer ;) My local (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.theory)

  What's in your S@H Surpise Bag??

Just kinda curious what people are getting in their Shop At Home Surprise Bags? Anyone get any surprises or something unusal? Mine was kinda boring 1070 - Stunt Flyer 3413 - Goal Keeper 2995 - Adventurers Car and Skeleton 3914 - Luke Skywalker Key (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: K-Mart files for bankruptcy

K-Mart's bankruptcy will result in the closing of some 300-500 stores as K-Mart uses the chapter 11 process to get out of leases for unprofitable store (and for those stores that have below market lease rates and are also unprofitable sell the (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Toys R Us question

(...) I was at a TRU today looking for sale items and they had one #4591 on sale at $98 and change, the box was completely shrink wrapped and looked pristine EXCEPT for one little flap that indicated it had been opened. They also had a couple (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: K-Mart files for bankruptcy

That's funny. My wife and I were calling it a "Swifter" before we got one. Then we got one at Target and we were surprised that the actual name was Swiffer. So as I was typing up that Kmart rant, I was thinking "Swiffer not Swifter". And, of course, (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Toys R Us question

(...) From my experience, TRU is downright obnoxious when you make inqiries about discounts - even when a set is obviously missing items. I've actually seen managers reseal boxes missing items and replace them on the shelf after I've turned down an (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: K-Mart files for bankruptcy

(...) None here. Kmart in Aus is separately owned 8?) To be fair, they've only filed for bankruptcy protection, but it doesn't look they're in good shape. ROSCO (23 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: K-Mart files for bankruptcy

(...) What is sad is that you could be describing to a t ("Swifter" notwithstanding!) any of several Kmart stores in northern California. It surprises me that they have managed to stay in business as long as they have. (...) Ditto here too. Their (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: K-Mart files for bankruptcy

(...) It could slow down my LEGO buying (which might be a good thing). I do a lot of buying on BOGO (not worth waiting for clearance around here, by the time there's a 50% discount at Target there is often almost nothing left, this year I may have (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: K-Mart files for bankruptcy

(...) No, even if K-Mart executives are upbeat, the rats are already deserting the ship. Normally, if there's a real chance of turning it around, the suppliers will continue making deliveries; but K-Mart's suppliers have begun to stop the chain (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: K-Mart files for bankruptcy

(...) Maybe because what you wanted was a "Swiffer?" ;^D <GDR) ~Grand Admiral Muffin Head -- Mark's Lego Creations (URL) (23 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: K-Mart files for bankruptcy

(...) It may have subtle effect, tho more so at K-Marts competitors than at K-Mart itself. Something I've noticed of recent is a habit of some WalMarts to spring a '50% off all clearance toys' sale. They do this at unpredictable times and then end (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: K-Mart files for bankruptcy

(...) No change at all. Despite what management claims about engineering a turn-around, Kmart is in deep trouble. On the surface they have dirty, poorly stocked stores with employees who don't have a clue. I have yet to walk into a Kmart where I did (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: K-Mart files for bankruptcy

(...) No more clearance toilet paper.....(I found Charmin 24 roll packs on clearance at Big Kmart a few months ago for $2.99....I had never previously heard of clearance toilet paper). Squeezably & softly, Jonathan (23 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  K-Mart files for bankruptcy

Hey, I guess we saw this coming, and it is no suprise to anyone. Any thoughts on what this might do for us AFOL's? David (23 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping) !

  Re: Winners Oddity

(...) Checked out Winners Lougheed Hwy, Burnaby BC. Nothing new, no Scala, but they did have over a dozen Polar Bases. When I picked one up and went over to write down what that had and prices, an employee came by picked my Polar Base off the ground (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Toys R Us question

(...) Dan and I found a Mindstorms set opened and missing the RCX - we asked the manager for a discount, he said no, and said that it "happens all the time" (sets being opened and things being pulled/stolen out of them) - this was in MD somewhere a (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Toys R Us question

(...) My impression is that managers are afraid of encouraging people to trash sets themselves in hopes of getting a discount. It seems that when a damaged box is found, they will often try to "repair" it by sealing it up again to see if it will (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  RE: Toys R Us question

Hi, I tried to get a discount for a very shelf worn 7191 X Wing once with a ripped box. When I took it to the service desk at TRU and asked for a discount they looked at me like I was from Mars...I then took it back to its place on the shelf and (...) (23 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Toys R Us question

(...) That was my experience as well....a while back I found a very badly shelf worn/abused 4559 and knowing full well that the set had not been normally available for atleast two years I really wanted it. The person at the customer service desk (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Toys R Us question

(...) They do, but don't count on one. As I recall several people in our area (New England) tried getting discounts on damaged sets after learning that the Lego Outlet struck off a whopping 50% for even simply dented sets. Most TRU's didn't offer a (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Toys R Us question

Hi, I went to Toys R Us before and saw that there were 2 Railway Express (4561) train sets left (both at normal prices $139.00 each). What caught my eye was that one had a tear in the box, and looked as if someone tried to get at some pieces in the (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Winners Oddity

(...) 3132 is "Emma in Spring Dress" the boxes are in OK condition, but it's just a doll and they are packaged like Barbie sets so I guess it doesn't matter. I just thought it was odd because I've never seen them sold in the stores, and I thought (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Winners Oddity

(...) I bought 3122 "1-2-3 Marie", $4.99 at the winners in Scarborough Ontario a week ago... No other's though. What is 3132? Matthias Jetleb (23 years ago, 21-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Winners Oddity

Anyone see any other Scala stuff in Winners recently? I saw 3 of 3132 at the Richmond BC Lansdowne Winners. They also had 6575 for $49.99 (Gonna pick out one of these tommorw on the way home), 8000 for $19.99 CDN and some smaller stuff not worh (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: FOTW-1349 Studio Set

Yes, but I have not heard anything else for the past week or so. Scott Member 718 (...) (23 years ago, 21-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.tn, lugnet.org.us.tennlug)

  Re: Silver Bionical Mask

(...) Okay, let me re-phrase what I said then and correct one of your points. Buy it for resale because it wasn't released world-wide and isn't easy to find any more. It includes a shiny silver mask, a CD, and a Tuhunga that wasn't available at (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Final Target thought

(...) This is definitely a good idea. I could have gotten a couple of those trains had Dave known I was looking for some. We could probably finish the transactions at a monthly meeting etc. Also would Lugola be interested in doing bulk Shop at Home (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: FOTY, at least for me.

(...) They could have also posted a sign in the LEGO aisle and I would have honored that. Now push come to shove, they might still be required to honor the original ad, but honestly, one does need to have a capability to correct a mistake. (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Silver Bionical Mask

(...) is a (...) October (...) Don't buy it. It has not only been released in U.S. but is also widely available all over Europe (the shelves are full of it in Germany because it's ridiculously overpriced at $15). Moreover, the silver mask will be (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Final Target thought

i think this is a fantastic idea and well worth the planning and strategy. there are enough lugola members spread out over a good chunk of socal to make this an effective haul. btw, when's the next meeting? i have little new to bring but wouldn't (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Target Lies and Great Buys!

(...) snip I posted it in another thread where I tell the tale of the LOM 7317, but it is easy to miss. My wife scored 3 at the 75% off price. The funny thing is they were not there the night before, I checked. She also said the clerk was bringing (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: FOTY, at least for me.

(...) snip Thank you John, that is exactly what my class in microeconomics taught me. If you were to look at my completed auctions, I sold for less than retail, and I am perfectly happy with that, because I bought at less than what I am selling it (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: FOTW-1349 Studio Set

(...) WOW! You were missing more than I was. My list: Actress and Stuntman Car All animals Bay Windows support pillars the 8 x 32 baseplate the software other assorted bits and pieces My store won't take it back and frankly, I don't want to return (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: FOTW-1349 Studio Set

(...) You said it! I got the 1349 also, no coupon - but still I thought it was a great deal. The box looked like it had been in a war, very nasty looking. I asked if there were parts missing if I could return it, they said no problem. But this is (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: FOTY, at least for me.

(...) YES. In fact even the scalper of tickets performs a service. I'm sorry, but I don't have time to play games with Ticketmaster, waiting in line for armbands to determine where in a ticket line I end up in, which determines my shot at a block of (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Final Target thought

At 75% off, I've seen 10 stores go from 2 full aisles worth of toys to 1/4 aisle of beaten toy boxes. This process took just under 3 days to complete. I figured that this would probably happen by Sunday, but the general public proved me wrong once (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Target Lies and Great Buys!

SO, Did any body anywhere in the Bay Area find any more trains or not!? And are you all coming to the BAYLUG meeting Feb 10th? mark (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Silver Bionical Mask

(...) Buy it. It is insanely difficult to find, was only released in the US and is a limited edition item that's sought after. I haven't seen any since early October and know of some folks who would like this item even at retail ($15.00). -Dave (23 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: FOTY, at least for me.

(...) moral (...) on (...) and (...) Congratulation on your luck in this deal Renard. I have just a few observations for you and especially for those that seem to have taken issue with you doing this. 1. Just where do you think all the cheap Lego on (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: FOTW-1349 Studio Set

(...) They've already taken steps to secure these boxes. The older style box had the traditional Lego pulltab in back. The newer ones don't. The new boxes are very tough to open and consequently, I've noticed fewer instances of Kanohi theft. -Dave (23 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: FOTW-1349 Studio Set

(...) The reasons why I suspect it was a returned item: 1) It was resealed like new 2) the instructions were obviously well used. 3) many of the bags were opend just enough to allow for the passage of certain parts while keeping others inside. These (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: FOTY, at least for me.

Before the execution proceeds, a different pov. Isn't this simply a form or arbitrage - where a buyer takes advantage of a localized oversupply or pricing anomaly and resells the product at a price closer to what is the "global market price"? (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: FOTW-1349 Studio Set

(...) Conrad, I can honestly say that after two years of doing this-I can't answer that because it varies. Until the 75% off occurred, the 405 store had by far the best selection. Wednesday morning, that selection stunk. The store at DeSoto is (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Silver Bionical Mask

While looking over the Walmart isles (again) I noticed a music CD with a silver bionical mask. Hadn't heard anything about it...thoughts? (23 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  scalpers

(...) So you're a scalper. One of those opportunistic vermin. Scalper= scum of the earth. (23 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Clearance Mom's (was Re: Target Lies and Great Buys!)

(...) I decided to hit my Target Wednesday just as they opened. One other person was hitting the toy aisle but had no interest in LEGO. Over a week ago at another Target I saw someone else buying 50% off LEGO and we chatted a bit. She also mentioned (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: FOTY, at least for me.

(...) There's a local beverage store chain called "Beverages and More". When one of their new stores opened, they priced Thomas Hardy ale for 99 cents per bottle (instead of the $4.25 it should have been). I asked a store manager if that was the (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: FOTY, at least for me.

snip (...) snip I wonder about this, my wife who was actually there when they were doing the markdown was able to just pick up three of the 4561 Railway Express sets. I was at the same store the night before and there was none of these sets anywhere (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: FOTY, at least for me.

(...) Well others have said it but I think it bears repeating, I'm not sure I'd characterise taking advantage of a price in the system that the system chose to assign as theft. He did nothing to interfere with Target's knowledge of their prices or (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: FOTY, at least for me.

(...) Doesn't sound like "veiled theft" to me. Target made a mistake, and Renard just happened to be there to benefit from it. It's not his responsibility to say "Hey, these are supposed to be $80, why are you selling them for $25? You really should (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: FOTY, at least for me.

(...) I just envy him. Here in Cary NC we had a somewhat similar thing with 5978. They had clearanced them one summer for $15.74. Then in the fall, they showed up on the shelf again, with a regular price of $15.74. I asked a handy employee to scan (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: FOTY, at least for me.

(...) I remember PACE warehouse stores, they were owned by KMart I believe. Didn't last long in our area though, couldn't compete with Price Club and Costco. (23 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Clearance Mom's (was Re: Target Lies and Great Buys!)

(...) No kidding. These Target mom's are scaring me! I was at a Target on wednesday morning because I had a hunch things would go to 75%. As I walked through, the place looked the same as usual, then I hit the toy isle. Utter savagery, moms running (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: FOTY, at least for me.

(...) snip What about when someone finds a rare set the TRU or Walmart (or whoever) puts out a set that they had sitting in their warehouse for years and they mark it down and place it in their clearance area, should we tell them they can get more (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: FOTY, at least for me.

(...) Once upon a time, many years ago, I was in a warehouse buying place called 'Pace'. I noted that they had something electronic at a really rediculous low price. I pointed that out to them, they checked the details and realized their mistake. (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: FOTY, at least for me.

Actually, I think it's a great story (whether you think it was opportunistic or something worse), because it illustrates the best and worst of automated ordering systems. Besides, now I know where all those cheap 7317's on E-bay were coming from :) (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: FOTY, at least for me.

(...) snip I bought them at the price anybody else walking in could have. Are you suggesting that I shouldn't have bought any, and told them of their mistake in pricing? Maybe, but the way I see it, if they have done something like this they have (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: FOTY, at least for me.

I see. So it's ok because they are a big business. My mistake. But wait a second... If some little old lady who's husband died and left her a nice chunk of change decides to sell their mint, classic, low milage Caddie becuase she doesn't drive for (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: FOTY, at least for me.

(...) Aw, you're just jealous! If they're that stupid, or understaffed, or whatever, to miss that, TOO BAD! They just lost a couple hundred bucks. Boo hoo, not like it's going to break Target or anything. ---SteveR (23 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Cheap Mindstorms

Zainy Brainey seems to be clearing out Mindstorms at half price. Extreme Creatures @$25, Acccessory pack @$25 and Vision Command @$50 (half price for them but the usual price pretty much anywhere else now). This was in metro NY area. (23 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: FOTY, at least for me.

So you happily cheated Target out of hundreds of dollars in revenue? Kudos to you and your ethics. I for one am not impressed in your veiled theft. Eric (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: FOTW-1349 Studio Set

And I've checked the Lebanon Rd (Donelson) and Antioch Targets, and found virtually nothing on clearance. By the way, are you guys involved in tennlug (www.tennlug.com)? We're trying to organize a meeting soon. Seth. (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: FOTW-1349 Studio Set

(...) I'm on the west side (Bellevue). I checked White Bridge Road, Cool Springs, and Hickory Hollow on Thursday and they were all at 75% off as of Wednesday morning. I had checked Rivergate last Saturday and decided they had nothing worth going (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: FOTW-1349 Studio Set

(...) Those little boxes ($1.97 at walmart ?) are probably the single most ravaged item I have observed. Most stores have anywhere from 1-10 of those already broken into. Next time, perhaps TLC should put that type of item in a really strong polybag (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: New (?) Lego store in Chicago

OK... store address and phone info: Lego the Store 520 N Michigan Ave # 300 Chicago, IL 60611-6982 Phone: (312)494-0760 Paul Sinasohn LUGNET #115 (23 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  FOTY, at least for me.

If you saw my posts in the thread "Target Lies and Great Buys" (URL) said I would tell the story of my local Target and the Life on Mars 7317. Well it all started back around July. I love to sell on ebay, and having just come out of my dark ages (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: FOTW-1349 Studio Set

(...) Actually what I found happening at my Target was that they stood the sets up on their side to display them. The weight of the train stuff inside caused the seals to give way and for some of the parts to spill out. I tried to push the contents (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  FOTW & Walmart clearance

Hi all, Just got back from the Walmart in Knoxville, IA. They had plenty of clearanced Lego, most notably JP Studios sets and MTT's (all at about 35% off). I was looking for 50+% off stuff, and lo and behold, I find it. A 3033 for $5! I asked a good (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: FOTW-1349 Studio Set

What part of Nashville are you located? I went to the Rivergate Target (Madison) and they only had 50% off, and all the Lego except six or seven Artic Value packs were all that remained. :( My Wal-Mart findings: Gallantin, TN 30% Hendersonville, TN (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Target Lies and Great Buys!

(...) Believe it or not, Lego is rilly rilly popular with families. ;-) Seriously, the last Target I was in, last weekend at the 50% level, there must have been 12 or 15 people walking up and down the clearance aisles -- most with kids in tow, and (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: FOTW-1349 Studio Set

In lugnet.market.shopping, Dave Johann writes: <snip>... (...) Again, I'm not so sure it's obviously a return, I'm finding a large number of sets being torn open on the shelves and stripped of important parts. I'm in the Hudson Valley of NY, and (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Target update: Redwood City CA

In lugnet.market.shopping, Rick Clark writes: <snip> (...) I agree with the "more track" comment, but when will Lego start offering cheap housing so I can find room for my Layout?? :o) Dave (23 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Target Lies and Great Buys!

(...) Well Richard and Maggie are the winners, I live in Antioch, but the Target is Pittsburg, though I do check the Livermore one on my way home, as Paul had suggested. I will tell my tale of the Lego Life on Mars 7317 at lunch today because it can (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact