 Marketplace / Shopping / 8910
Re: Toys R Us question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 02:57:52 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Joe Franco writes:
My question is, Does Toys R Us give discounts for opened or tampered
products?

I was at a TRU today looking for sale items and they had one #4591 on sale
at $98 and change, the box was completely shrink wrapped and looked pristine
EXCEPT for one little flap that indicated it had been opened. They also had
a couple #5987's marked down from $80 to $60, but the boxes were in really
rough shape and taped back up.

I kept those in the back of my mind deciding if it was worth my money to
purchase one of these. In the Lego aisle there was NOTHING on sale, and they
had both the #4591 and #5987 in good boxes on the shelf at full price.

I am a little disgruntled about the way they present their sale items  as if
bad boxes-good product, at not that great of a discount.

I'm about finished with shopping for Lego at TRU anyway, they are getting
too expensive, anywhere from 10%( for the larger sets) to 25%(for the
smaller sets) more expensive than other stores, who are they trying to
compete with, KB Toys?

Oh look, I ranted.
Daniel #574