 Marketplace / Shopping / 8878
Re: FOTY, at least for me.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 19 Jan 2002 03:38:00 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, John Heins writes:
Before the execution proceeds, a different pov.  Isn't this simply a form or
arbitrage - where a buyer takes advantage of a localized oversupply or
pricing anomaly and resells the product at a price closer to what is the
"global market price"?

YES. In fact even the scalper of tickets performs a service. I'm sorry, but
I don't have time to play games with Ticketmaster, waiting in line for
armbands to determine where in a ticket line I end up in, which determines
my shot at a block of seats in the Ticketmaster computer, and so forth. I'm
happy to pay over face value for tickets to the person who does.

Jurisdictions that outlaw scalping are evil or misguided, as they are
deliberately distorting natural market forces for their own twisted or
confused reasons.

<snipped the other bits I agree with>

FUT .debate